Sunday, January 27, 2008

Yesterday we took Paige and Megan ice skating at the zoo. It is the last weekend that the ice rink is open. I wish they would have it open through the end of February. It would make sense because the schools have a 3 day weekend in mid. Feb. and it is certainly cold enough. As you can see from the grins the girls had a great day of skating. We skated from about 1:45 to 4 when the ice rink closed. Megan was the last off the ice. While we were taking off our skates she went back out for a few more laps. I am not in that many photo's because I seem to be the photographer. Paige took this picture below for us. It turned out good. I should get some brownie points for being able to skate and take photos at the same time. Cocoa break for our skaters! I think we were the envy of the skate rink. They usually have a little snack bar that sales cocoa and treats but it was closed. We packed our own so we were all set. We also had some homemade snickerdoodle cookies.


Now here is a non posed action shot (above) notice how Paige has to skate into the picture with her tongue sticking out. Thanks Paige we will always treasure this picture.






Why is it that at some point (weather it ice skating or swimming) your kids decide they want/need you to pull them around? Maybe because you can? I don't know, but this is their favorite game on the ice or in the water they love for their dad to pull them around. Poor dad he's gonna have a sore back.



Getty up Bullseye, skate (run) like the wind! For those of you who don't know, Bullseye is the horse from "Toy Story 2".


"Mmmmm thanks for packing the hot cocoa mom, you think of everything, you are the best!" I am just making that up, but I hope they were thinking it at least.

2 comments:

Callie Ann said...

man those kids have the redist cheeks in the world.

JustMeShann said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful last time skating in the ice rink... Can't you tell them to keep it open until I get there so I can have fun with my camera and get all four of you skating! Thanks for sharing Sis... Love ya to the moon and back...Shann