Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We had Brittany spend the night Sunday since all of the kids were off school on Monday. We had reservations to bowl at the little 10 lane bowling ally next to Der Dutchman at 3 p.m. so we went a few minutes early so we could stop and share a slice of chocolate peanut butter pie. I tell ya they know how to bake pies at Der Dutchman, mmmm do they know!?When we got there the hostess took us to the Amish buggy table, this is an actual Amish buggy with a booth built inside. It has the little lights, windows etc. The kids were thrilled, it was our first time in the buggy ever. I always thought you had to request it. It must have been our lucky day! Luckily I had the camera in my purse and we snapped some fun pictures.



mmmmm chocolate peanut butter pie it's a special treat!

Bye now were off to the bowling ally next door, we have to go work off that pie...ha ha :)
Here she is our little bowling queen with her big 6 lb. ball that matches her eyes.
Paige and Brittany sharing a smile.
Megan kept getting frustrated because she "wasn't winning". I told her it's not all about winning but having fun and doing your best, of course it is fun when you surprise yourself with a strike or two.
Bowling beauties!
Paige and Megan what a couple of cute sisters they are, if I do say so myself. (and I do)
X equals Strike...I was beyond surprised I got two in a row that is a first for me, maybe a last too who knows?

Here's the final scores...I was the leader with 129 (that may be my all time high score), Paige was next with an 84, Megan came in 3rd with a 77 (that's pretty darn good for a 6 year old!) then Brittany had a 69. But the most important thing is we all did our best and had fun doing it!

No comments: