Friday, February 16, 2007

......Upadate



Took these pictures Wednesday afternoon. This was before we cleared the snow off the driveway for the 4th time in 24 hours. We also do Linda's across the street, luckily she only has a 2 car driveway and we use her gas powered snowblower. For those of you that have never used a snowblower it is like mowing the lawn except you are wearing a bazillion layers of clothes and it's freezing outside. But let me tell ya it beats the heck out of shoveling.


I LOVE this shot....can't you just hear him yelling "BONZI!!"


Rebel playing catch the snowball!


Rebel making yellow snow....he has not learned to hike yet!


Reble looks so small in the snow! These pictures were taken the day before the story below.


Ya see those trees in the distance across the soybean field? That is where I followed/chased Rebel to yesterday morning when it was all of 5 degrees. We usually let him out and he does his duty and returns for a puppy treat, being that it is so frosty on his paws. Well not yesterday..he kept getting further and further out so I jumped into my boots....didn't even bother tying them, pulled on my big parka, scarf and grabbed my gloves and his leash. I tried calling puppy treat, that usually does the trick, I tried playing tug with my scarf, not interested. He would get about 4 feet from me and then wiggle his butt and run off again, wanting to be chased....in snow past my ankles. He is so light he could run along on top of the frozen snow, not the case for me...tromp tromp tromp. Let me tell ya I was frustrated, scared (of loosing him) and just plain angry (and that is a nice way of putting it). I finally tossed out a bright orange fleece glove I had in my pocket and he grabbed it and started running towards home. Then he stopped to take a dump and I caught him. He got a good talking to and put in his cage until I cooled down. When he came out he came and snuggled up in my lap to say he was sorry. We have been practicing the "come here" and "sit" command. He is doing very well and has gotten lots of "good puppies" and ear scratiches. He no longer is trusted off leash. We have to remember he is only 5 months old and we are used to an old 10 year old dog that doesn't like the cold and listens (most of the time anyways).
Oh and to top it off I didn't put my right glove on so that when I caught him I could hook him to his leash without fumbling around. Well I got a tad bit of frostbite...my finger tips were a purple shade most of the day and they felt tingly and bruised....but not to worry they are a-okay today....and I wear both my gloves when I go out...even to the mailbox! Lessons learned!

2 comments:

JustMeShann said...

I love all of your snow pictures! Brrrrrrrrrr! I think you should set the table on the patio an take a picture... Great pictures Sis... Love ya Shann

JustMeShann said...

Okay I got to read the whole post! That is going to be a good old days story! The dog gets his ear nipped off and you get frost bite! I can hear it now... I can remember when we had the coldest dam year, below zero it was! The dog got his ear nipped off and I chased him across the field up hill both ways in temps -0 and I froze my finger tips off! Now that was a cold ass winter!