Friday, January 26, 2007




This is Orange Bridge...it is a little one lane bridge that spans the Olentangy River. It is on Orange Rd. and connects state rt. 315 with High St. a.k.a. rt.23. This little bridge was built in 1898...it is 108 years old....100 years older than Paige. It's claim to fame is that is survived the flood of 1913 when a lot of bridges did not. They have plans to replace the bridge...one is to incorporate it into a new double bridge and another is to just leave it be and have it become a bike/foot bridge. I love going over this little bridge and I do it whenever I get the chance...it makes you slow down but that is okay...I always wave to the folks that come across or the ones I pass that are waiting their turn. I am sad to say that not everyone reciprocates but the ones that do get a smile.




2 comments:

JustMeShann said...

Absolutly the coolest pictures Sis... Very Cool, thanks for sharing your bridge with us! Happy Crossing to you! Ha!

W----> said...

Love the bridge