Monday, January 01, 2007

The Izzies on ice.....
on New Years day!

We made it to the Columbus zoo ice rink today. The girls were thrilled and I think it did us all good to get out and enjoy some fun in the fresh air. It was chilly today with a brisk wind. The ice rink is closed in on 2 1/4 th sides so it is not so bad....plus seeing all the Christmas lights is festive. Paige got her skating legs back pretty fast. Today was Megan's first real time on the ice, she has not been skating since she was 3. Megan did wonderful too! She was very determined. At first Mike and I were taking turns holding her hands or we would get on each side of her. After about 15 minutes I told her to try and skate in front of me...Mike would skate backwards in front of her so we were both there to help her up and protect her from other skaters. She has good balance and determination....and she is a tough little skater. She only complained once when she landed hard on her bottom....she went out took a 5 minute rest, had some cocoa and was ready to skate again. We skated for a good 2 hours. When we got home the girls took a shower, got their p.j.'s on and ate a small supper. I noticed that Megan has a bruise on her backside from one of her spills. We plan to go again on Sunday. The ice rink is opened on weekends in January. It is fun to watch the girls having fun plus we are all getting some exercise. Not a bad way to start off the year!








2 comments:

JustMeShann said...

I think it is an awesome way to start out the New Year! You all look cute bundled up together! Looks like FUN!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I tried Ice Skating once when I was in High School. I sucked and went and sat down. I hated it. I am glad you are producing some well rounded girls. Bravo to you and Mike.