Tuesday, April 17, 2007



Megan and I stopped at the garden center up the road before heading to the grocery store today. We had fun looking around and got a few perennials that were on sale. Our picks were Coral Bells "firefly" they have red flowers, Gaillardia that had yellow and orange daisy like flowers that will bloom in July and August and then we got Blue Butterfly Delphinium and some Blue Queen Salvia. We will wait until the end of the month to put them in the ground. It was fun checking out the plants and fountains. Megan was very impressed with the size of that large fountain in the bottom photo. She kept talking about it on the way to the grocery store.


2 comments:

JustMeShann said...

Did you let her toss a penny in that fountain and make a wish; Auntie would have! Uncle Steve would have loved that fountain too; he always makes comments about the big fountains we see... I think if he was her age he would be dreaming of putting little boats in there with army men and GI Joes and shooting them off so they could go swimming; did Megan mention that?? Guess it is a good thing Uncle Steve is in CA... :o)

Brandi said...

Yes Megan got my lone penny from my wallet and I'm sure she made a good wish.

She was wondering how someone would get such a large fountain home and just where would they put it? I told her it comes apart in sections and they would deliver it in a truck. Then she asked "but what if it's too big for your spot?" and I said well that is why we measure twice! I love the way a 5 year old thinks...and just blurts it all out ans shares.
I'm tired Sis...glad you had a better day then yesterday. Love you, Brandi