Monday, April 06, 2009


Here are some more fishing pictures from our outing on April 5th. (Mike's 41st birthday).

The weather was pleasant in the mid sixties the afternoon rain held off until just after 7 p.m. so we lucked out because we kinda had a late start. We didn't get our lines in the water until 3:30 or so.






I like this picture of Mike casting and Paige leaning away. Then there is this one that looks like Paige is about to toss her pole in the river...luckily that did not happen. Both Paige and Megan got a lot of casting practice in yesterday.



Paige's first catch of the day. A little Bluegill, he was barely on the hook didn't even have the bait in it's mouth. We took some photos then she turned him loose.


Paige named this rock "Fish Island" it is where she caught both of her fish from. When we got home I called Great Grandma and told her of her great granddaughter's fishing success. Great Grandma has lots of fish stories...she has done some great fishing in her 92 years. She did share this with me yesterday , she said "sometimes I just liked fishing even if I wasn't catching anything, because that meant I didn't have to clean any fish". I thought that was kinda funny and it surprised me a bit too.


Mike's private fishing dock (see the reason why below). I thought he would have good luck out there since we kept seeing fish jump over there but it didn't pan out to be the hot spot.


And this is why Mike had the dock all to himself...oh and it was a big jump from a sunken stick-log and cinder block to this rattle trap dock.

Proof that I was fishing and not just rebating hooks and getting lines (mine and the kids) unstuck from the muck. The only thing I caught was a stick but I got lots of practice casting...and bating.


Paige's second Bluegill of the day.


Mike had to do a little operating with the pliers to get the hook out, then Paige set him free just as it was starting to rain. Then it was time to pack up and head on home.


Smile Megan...my last shot of the day :)

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

Great pictures Sis... Paige reminds me of Chelsea when she was catching her first fish! Very sweet and it looks like you had a great time... I hope you all get to do some more fishing soon, makes for great memories! Now you need a canoe! Hee!
Wish I was there to throw a line in... Love ya to the moon & back, Shann