Friday, April 03, 2009

A "Girls Afternoon Out" at Lake Sidney Lanier, GA


Here are some pictures from last week....Monday, 3-23-09 to be precise. The original plan was that Mike and Grandpa would take the girls fishing after lunch. But before lunch Mike was helping Jim do a little painting on the house under the eaves...and the chimney and then he was cleaning the gutters. A few hours after lunch and they were still up on the roof so I asked the girls if they would like me to take them to the lake so we could poke around. They were all for it and it turned out to be a fun "girls afternoon out". I'm pretty sure we had more fun rock hunting and playing on swings then they did up on the roof.


Megan was really into rock hunting, she comes from a long line of rock hunters. She found some good ones with crystals. I had a canvas sack to haul them in and they are now by our front steps.



The lake is about 15 feet below normal, but it is still pretty.




I love how the light looks in the photo above, I think it was because it was late afternoon and the flash did not go off. It has a vintage feel to it.


I really love digital cameras, it is so nice to be able to snap pictures willy nilly and not have to worry about wasting film. Back in the day I don't think I would take so many pictures of my kids swinging on the swings.


Megan noticed a pinecone hanging in the tree behind the swings and she was trying to touch it. I warned her against trying to grab it, because I was afraid she would yank herself out of the swing.



I love their smiles and the feeling "of the simple joys of childhood"....fresh air and a good swing!



No comments: