Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter, we hope all is well with you and yours and that the Bunny left you lots of yummy surprises.


Here they are all dressed in their bright Spring-Easter outfits. One of the neighbor's at the Easter egg hunt in the cul de sac said "they looked like lovely colored eggs." They were waiting for Mike to get the vidio camera ready to record the egg hunt. I think I have the same shot from Christmas morning...hanging over the bannister waiting to run down the stairs.


The hunt is on there were at least 50 or more eggs filled with jelly beans, foil wrapped Hershey chocolate eggs, Rollo's and ten bucks worth of quarters. Megan found $6.00 worth and Paige got the other four bucks.

This is Paige's Easter basket. I made their baskets when they were babies and we reuse them each year. They are made from 4 layers of brown grocery bags and the outsides are covered in paper twist with a fabric bow and the inside is lined with fabric. They have held up well and I just pack them away with the Easter stuff each year and the kids set them out before they go to bed (like their stockings at Christmas). Then the E.Bunny fills them up, like magic!



This is Megan's basket. She loves the "Bunny tails" cotton candy and the light up ring pop was a hit too. It's all about sugar!




They each got a cute little sundress in the bottom of their baskets. They will be able to wear them to school if they put a t-shirt underneath (they have a 3-finger width rule on straps at school). They will make cute swimsuit cover ups too.


I asked Megan what her favorite thing in her Easter basket was and she said it is either her new Rainbow Fairy book "Bella the Bunny Fairy" or her Robin "webkinz". I was pleased to hear that she was thrilled about getting a new book. She has just started reading the "Rainbow Magic" fairy series. I had saved them from Paige's book collection and now Megan is enjoying them too.


I'm not sure what Paige picked as her favorite thing. I know she likes her Chickadee "webkinz". She is doing a research project in S.O.A.R. and her topic is Chickadees. She also enjoyed her new "Gallop & Ride" horse care game for the Wii. She played on it for an hour or so yesterday. Megan also receieved a horse game for the Wii it is a "Barbie" version and they played that last night too.

1 comment:

LAC said...

Great memories.

I have some Pennsylvania (black capped) Chickadee portraits I would love to mail to Paige if she'd like. Not sure I can get them to her in time for her project, but drop me a line star8278 at gmail dot com and I will mail them out when I return at the end of the week. :)