Monday, May 19, 2008

I was out front taking pictures of flowers and plants when Megan came along and plopped down in the grass. She was playing with some tulip petals that had blown off the fading tulips.
I have found that the best way to take real, as in not posed pictures of my kids is to start asking them questions and then listen and snap away.
I asked Megan "so who did you play with on recess today?". She started telling me about swinging with Caitlyn and about playing with Sydney.

I like the way you can see her natural beauty shining through even though her hair is mussed up and she's not looking at the camera. You can see her long dark lashes against her always rosy pink cheeks (no need for Cover Girl for those cheeks or lips!). Her hair is already showing some highlights from the sun and it is only May.




Here she is attempting to show me one of those clapping rhyming songs her friends were singing. You know the kind "Miss. Mary Mack Mack Mack".



What I love best is at the age of 6 almost 7 is the honesty. You ask them what they did on recess and you get the whole story, clapping hands and all. I don't think it gets much better than that.

2 comments:

Callie Ann said...

Wow Brandi, what a diffence in that last side pic. I see shann in the eyes when she was little. Great Job. Keep em coming. I love it.

JustMeShann said...

Great camera work Sis! I love everyone almost as much as I love the little girl! Your girls are going to love all of these photos when they are older... Can't you just here the giggles and remember whens! Happy Day Sis, Love ya Shann