Sunday, May 11, 2008


I had a nice quiet Mother's Day with my family. It was raining here so no fishing this year. We even had a tornado watch this afternoon. It was nothing to get excited about just some dark menacing clouds.


This morning the dogs let me sleep in until 7:45, that beats my usual wake up time of 6. After I got up with the dogs I checked out the blogs and my e-mail. Paige came downstairs first followed shortly by Mike and Megan. They all had big smiles, hugs and gifts. They got me this big fun card with ladybugs and flowers on it along with a cute pink tote bag and some "Happy" perfume, my signature scent. When I tried to wear another perfume one day Megan told me "you don't smell like my mommy." So I remain "Happy". Paige made me a cute little pin and she wrote me a poem. Megan made me a card and a cute coupon book.

We went out to dinner at Smokey Bones. I ordered enough ribs so I could take some home. For four bucks more you can get a whole slab instead of a half. I think we will be having leftover ribs tomorrow night. The last time we were at Smokey Bones was in Feb. the night before my sister went back home. Mike had some pulled pork and the girls both tried it. Paige said that's what she's having next time.


We hope you all had a relaxing weekend.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My alarm clock in the morning is Blackie. Between 6:00-6:30 am he wakes me up. This morning he let off and didn't wake me up until 7:15, hope that last all summer.

Angie :o)

JustMeShann said...

That's a perfect signature scent for you!! Mine should be losing my mind! LoL
Im glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day :) Love ya Shann