Wednesday, February 10, 2010



We had a snow day yesterday...and we are having another today. Paige says "it's like having a weekend in the middle of a week." She's always clever like that.

Megan was wearing her "I Heart Snow Days" shirt...Aunt Shann sent it to her last year.



It snowed, and snowed and snowed all day. At first it was real fine and blowing sideways then later it was big and fluffy and floating like feathers. The kids were content to stay inside where it was warm and dry. They made fish and snakes with their clay. They played Mario Kart on the Wii, they read, Paige played her clarinet by 4 p.m. , they played on the computer (Ty pets or Webkinz or maybe both) and they watched an hour of t.v.
They did not ask to go out in the snow until I was going out to shovel when Mike got home. Our neighbor John across the street noticed that Mike was not using the snow blower. Mike told him the auger broke when he was clearing off Denny and Kristie's driveway on Saturday. So John came over with his big snow blower and had our driveway and sidewalks clear in less than 15 minutes. I guess what goes around comes around...since we have been the ones for the past 3 years or so helping our neighbors clear their snow.
After the driveway was clear the girls decided they wanted to build an igloo in the big pile of snow. Mike helped them dig it out and it looks pretty good. Not only is he part Amish but he must have some Eskimo in his bloodlines too!


When I came outside to take pictures of the igloo all I could see were feet sticking out..turns out both Paige and Megan were inside excavating.


I have a feeling that they are going to want to go out and play in the snow this afternoon...but it is going to be windy and extremely cold. I have a feeling I am going to be making lots of hot cocoa today...and drying coats and gloves in the dryer too.

1 comment:

linda said...

Loved your pictures. Sorry the snow blower broke. It is nice that some one cleared your snow because you all have sure paid forward---big time!!!! Lost count how many times you cleared my driveway and sidewalks while I was there. I called Les today and told him to scout out snowblowers--electric start, that I could use. Wonder if there is such a thing. Thanks for the update on all of you. Linda