Friday, February 12, 2010

Perspective
There's an igloo next to our driveway... you can't see it in the picture below but it would be to the right just past where the driveway bends to go up to the third bay. It's not huge but both kids and the youngest dog can fit in. The old dog is not interested in going out and sitting in a hollowed out snow cave. Our three year old neighbor boy, Jake thinks it's pretty darn cool. He sat in it and clapped his hands while grinning ear to ear.


If you enlarge this photo you can see Paige's boot next to Rebel, Megan was in there too. Here is a shot from when I bent down and took a picture inside...thank heavens for digital cameras you can blindly take pictures and not worry about "wasting film".


For some reason when I look at these pictures I can hear the John Devner song "Grandma's Feather Bed" going through my head. "It was 9 feet tall and 6 feet wide". "It'd hold eight kids and four hound dogs and a piggy we'd stole from the shed" "didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun on grandma's feather bed".
I'm sure the igloo seems a lot bigger to my kids than it does to me...it's all a matter of perspective.




1 comment:

LAC said...

Love, love that last shot. the colors just pop. So scrapbook worthy!