Thursday, June 05, 2008

Welcome to our garden, come on in and see what's blooming this week.
I have this scarlet geranium planted in a pot by the front door with some blue lobelia.
I got this cute little rain gauge at Jonne's it was all of five bucks. Megan really enjoyed the weather unit in first grade. I thought it would be a good summer project for her. She checks the rain gauge each day and records the contents on the calendar. Then at the end of the month she can add up the rain fall. So far for the month of June we have had 3 inches.
Our shrub roses are in FULL BLOOM! Nothing like a little rain and sunshine to kick them into gear.

The Canna enjoyed some rain also. Yesterday the bud looked like this.

Then this morning it was in full bloom.

The Sweet Bay Magnolia has about 20 blooms too.

2 comments:

1dreamr said...

That canna is gorgeous!

BTW, I have been reading your sister's blog. I envy her being on this trip - looks and sounds fabulous!

Callie Ann said...

Hey girl,
I like the way you set this up...This is what's blooming this week. Cool Idea.