Saturday, April 26, 2008

How old were you when you learned to ride a two wheeler?

I think I was about 5 or 6, and it was a dark green Schwinn.

When I got home from work this afternoon Megan decided it would be a good day to give this 2 wheeler a go. Mike had taken the training wheels off this bike when Cameron was over last Wed. This bike has lots of miles and memories on it. It originally belonged to Jessica (I was her nanny from age 6 months to 7 years) she is about 22 now. Anyways we got the bike when her parents moved back to CA and now Megan is learning to ride it. We fixed it up with new tires, reflectors and such.
We had to keep reminding her not to look down at the tire. Look where you want to go.

Rowdy was not very impressed, not much keeps him from taking a doggy nap.
After Mike was "run out" I chased her around for a while. She ended up riding all the way down to the stop sign at the corner (about 10 or 12 houses). She also rode around the cul de sac and only stopped once. I think by tomorrow afternoon she will be an old pro.

No comments: