Monday, March 17, 2008

After the girls got home from school last Friday we headed to the Columbus International Car Show of 2008. The kids were not thrilled about going to the car show but I think they had a fun time, that or they were doing a good job of faking it.
While we waited for Mike to park the car we checked out the vintage cars in the lobby area. The girls got a kick out of this 1954 V.W. Happy Bus. We had one of those when I was a kid, don't think it was quite that old and it did not have the pop up camper on top. It did have a smooth raised area by the back window. I remember sitting back their with my cousins on the way to the Bay area and sliding around. This was "back in the day" before seat belts and kids booster seats of course.
The kids were standing around checking out this robot at the Ford display when it let out a rooster crow and then started talking to the audience. It was pretty funny.
Yep they are just like their dad...and mom. I had a little Honda XR-75 dirt bike when I was seven, again that was "back in the day". Mike keeps asking me if I want to get my motorcycle license and I tell him I got that all out of my system when I was a kid. It might be fun to have a scooter but I feel like the other drivers don't see me half the time and I drive a big blue minivan.




Paige and Megan had fun hopping in the little 2 seater electric car. It was just their size.
It's Mike in a Mini Cooper!
Megan giving me "the eyes" while sitting in a Honda.
Paige and Megan had fun turning the wheels at the V.W. display. Mike got in on the act too, but somehow I didn't get a picture of that.
Paige liked this colorful dipstick display at the Chevy area.
This was the highlight of the night. I don't know if it was because it was getting close to 10 and they were very tired or what but they loved the Dodge Caravan with the turn around seats and table. Paige said "if we had this we could do our homework in the car and play games". I wonder if Dodge knew they were trying to sale to the 10 year old market when they thought that one up?
Paige and Megan doing their best model poses in front of the "Super Bee".

No comments: