Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Q) When was the last time you went sledding?
We went yesterday (1/20/09)



Paige and Megan had the day off school (teacher work day) and I figured we would be able to watch the inauguration over and over again on the internet and news so we bundled up and headed for the sledding hill. At first we had the place pretty much to ourselves. There was another group of about 6 people when we showed up. Then they left after we were there for about 45 minutes. We had the place to ourselves for a while then after noon it started getting a little more crowded but not to a point where it was dangerous.
Megan above as the" fearless flier"!


Paige above getting ready for take off...note the red sled at the bottom of the hill...Megan is laying underneath it. She was fine she likes to try and crash at the end of the hill. Has a little daredevil in her. Wonder where she gets that at?



Those are my feet and I am taking the pictures as Megan and I are heading down the slope. In the next photo we are starting to turn around....



and now Megan is facing down hill and I am riding backwards. The same thing happens when we are riding on a two person tube at the water slides I always end up going down the hill backward.






After I got this cute shot of them toting their sleds up the hill I told them I didn't think it was a great idea to walk on the straw bales. They agreed that a twisted ankle would not add to their sledding fun. They are smart girls and if you point out a danger they will listen.


This little red sled could really fly and they still both fit on it.
Below is a reenactment of the landing, emphasis on "acting".









I love the shot above. You look at it as it just cries "teamwork", well about halfway up the hill Paige starts hollering at Megan to stop pushing her.



1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

Great pictures Sis! Felt as if I was there;made my nose cold! Wish I was there that kind of daredevil stuff is right up my alley!