Wednesday, January 28, 2009

l

Snow Day Pictures!


The phone call came at 6:05 a.m....the automated recording letting us know that the kids school is having a snow day. I looked out the window and saw that the street wasn't even covered in snow the plow must have gone by. But then two hours later when the neighbor called the snow was coming down like big puffs of down, it looked like feathers falling straight down from the sky. I took these pictures of Paige and Megan looking out Paige's bedroom window. Paige made the big snowflakes at school this week. They are little works of art.



It's not the blizzard of 78, but we did get a bit of snow and last night we had snow-ice-snow-ice so it was lots of fun to shovel. I had to break the ice up with the straight edge shovel and chop it up so Mike could use the snow blower. It was loads of work.


Megan and Ayva looking like cute little snow bunnies.

Megan stayed at Sam's to play with him and Ayva while Paige and I took Rebel on a hike in the snow.

Paige found some big icicles.


Rebel was thrilled to see his best buddy Jim.
I know the photo is a little blurry but they were not stopping to pose.




Megan's chunk of ice and her icicle.



Paige and her pup having a snuggle.


2 comments:

LAC said...

looks like a great snowday. we didn't get that much, mostly rain, but it was still nice to have the day off.

JustMeShann said...

I wish I was there! I really loved being there last February and getting to enjoy the snow... Though this snow looks like a lot of work to me! The kids look like they had a great day! Love you all, Shann