Wednesday, October 01, 2008


Hey look! I think there's something in the bushes!


On Sunday afternoon I had Rowdy out in the backyard with me while I was taking pictures of our flowers. Rowdy kept going over to the clump of grasses in the corner and growling, at first I was afraid that it was a skunk. But then the bushes started to move.

Do you see anything strange in the bushes?

Oh great it's not a skunk, just my silly husband testing his new "Swamp Man" costume for the haunted house.

Mike bought this gillie suit at Meijers on Sunday afternoon and he was "testing" it out on the neighbors. I was out in the yard with the dogs when he ran out the back door to go over and peak in Chris's backdoor. Rebel was barking at him like he was a monster...really growling and yapping. Mike went to Chris's screen door and knocked and when Chris came up from their downstairs office he made a little gasp. Just after that Xaiver came down looking for Mike and Mike jumped out from behind the garage and X came around the corner. That was pretty good too. Then Mike got in the bushes and Brian came out on his deck to say hi and Brian didn't even know Mike was in the bushes. Xavier went to get Matt and Mike jumped out at him. They were having a grand time with it. They even had Mike stand at the end of our row of arborvites
and wait for a car to drive by (since we have a corner lot) and then he started running. It was pretty funny watching the car slow down. Brian said "you better be careful or you'll end up in a freezer down in Kentucky".


So what do you think Swamp Man or Vampire?
I personally think he makes a great vampire, he's tall and has the hairline for it. The guys wanted to switch things up in the haunted house this year so the vampire got voted out. I think Mike will have fun being the swamp thing, at least he can smile under his mask after he scares the bejeepers out of folks and no one will know he's smiling.

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Oh My God how Funny! Very Cool! Looks like lots of fun to me! Have fun Mike:) Thanks for sharing Sis! Love ya all, Shann