Sunday, October 19, 2008


The Great Pumpkin Search!


The kids did not have school on Friday (COTA day) whatever that is? They don't have Columbus day off on Monday but they have COTA day off on Friday. Whatever? So we went to search for our pumpkins at Freemans Farm. The kids used to go here with their preschool class and we had not been since 2006. They have a nice selection of fall decor, including pie pumpkins, gourds and indian corn. They also have a great gift shop deli that sales all sorts of yummy treats. They have this sweet onion relish that is great on roast beef sandwiches. The kids love all their little tubs of candy. This year we got some wee little buckeyes and some chewey sugar pumpkins for Mike.

I really liked this greenish orange pumpkin, and it would have come home with me if only it had a nice stem. I like my pumpkins with a nice stem. I tell the kids that is where the pumpkins personaliyt is, in the stem.
Oh and there is always a fuss about who gets to push/pull the pumpkin cart, as you can see from the pout below.




If you can pick it up and carry it to the pumpkin cart it's fair game.



Looks like Paige picked her pumpkin!
This is Megan's first pumpkin. As I was placing it on the scale we discovered a boo boo on the back and I told her that I was afraid it may rot and not make it to Halloween. So she had to do another search.
She found another perfect pumpkin and she carried it to the scales all by herself.

No comments: