Wednesday, May 02, 2007











MID WEEK UPDATE FROM THE IZZIE'S

Happy May to all! I swiped this picture from my cousin Callie's blog...I love it!
Go to my picture of the day blog for photos of Paige in her Sugar Plum ballet costume...it's good for a smile.

We barely had a thunderstorm last night...not enough rain to leave puddles...but some cool lightning in the distance. Yesterday we had a high of 90, yes I said NINETY degrees...very warm for the first day of May. If those thunderstorms would have come around 4 p.m. like they predicted we might have had some severe weather, luckily it held off until after 10 and then it was far to the North of us. This a.m. it is cool (60 degrees at 9 a.m.) and overcast with the sun trying to peak out of the clouds.

Megan has a field trip to Stratford Farm and Ecological Center today. They are gonna learn about the 3 R's.....reduce, reuse and recycle. I packed her sandwich and cookies in non bleached wax paper that I just happened to have from Whole foods. I couldn't get the darn wax paper to stay shut around the sandwich so I rubber banded it closed...yes I recycled the rubber band from the newspaper. I gave her an old washcloth instead of a paper napkin and packed it all in a insulated lunch sack that the kids got from the Library Summer Reading Program. She is even wearing hand me down boots so she's setting a good example.

Paige has her state reading test today. I filled her up with homemade waffles and bananas and milk for breakfast. They are having their lunch an hour and a half later than normal. She will do fine on her test she already aced it last fall.

I need to go run some errands...I get to pick up my ring today. A few weeks ago the main diamond fell out of my engagement ring. I was at the kids school doing some volunteer work for kindergarten registration. I was talking to some other moms and some teachers and all of a sudden a lady says "is this yours?" and she has this little sparkle in her hand. At first I felt my ears for my earrings but no then I looked at my ring and sure enough my diamond was out. I said "I don't know your name but I love you". I am so darn lucky....before coming to the school I had gone grocery shopping ...if my diamond would have come out there it would be gone forever. So I am excited to go get my ring back...my hand feels naked without it.

HAVE A GREAT HUMP DAY...WE ARE 1/2 WAY TO THE WEEKEND!

1 comment:

Callie Ann said...

Yep humpty dumpty day. I love the pic to. thanks for swiping it, it makes people happy. Good day girl. Now I guess I will have to go search for friday feast question I never get the questions until friday night. How annoying. Love ya Callie