Friday, September 03, 2010

She wears a size 6 in woman's shoes now....she got these cute high tops at Payless..it was B.O.G. (Buy one get one 1/2 off) so they were all of $4.50!


So the other day Paige says the kids at school have already started talking about Halloween costumes. Her friend Lauren suggested they go as horseback riders. Lauren is going to wear her English garb and Paige is going Western. This made me think (fondly) of my lovely red cowgirl boots (the ones like Lori Singer wore in "Footloose" ). I got them as a Christmas gift one year from the Turpin's. I wore them out dancing for many years. Then after I had Paige my feet got wider and a size bigger so they haven't been on my feet for more than 12 years. But I kept them...because I love them. So today I dug them out along with my leather belt with the silver heart buckle that Lisa got me one year for Christmas. They fit Paige perfectly! I told her she could wear the boots to riding lessons (her riding boots are getting tight) too. I figure they might as well get used and loved a little more. By the way I looked inside of them to check the size, they are 6 1/2 and they say "Made in the U.S.A." gotta love that!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know, my shoes r awesome. -Paige :)