Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Paige wore my old red boots (by the way they were made in the U.S.A. over 20 years ago) to riding lessons. I never wore them to ride in, back in the day I had a great old pair of pigskin boots that I wore when I was out riding horses in California. My red boots were my dancing boots. I'm glad that she is wearing them it's much better than their previous fate of sitting in a plastic storage container in the basement. They are feeling the love now!



Wednesday is her favorite day of the week...at least for the next 10 weeks! Paige is back in the saddle again for fall riding lessons and she is thrilled that her best friend Brittany is taking lessons with her. We pick Brittany up after school and take her to lessons with Paige then Brittany's mom swings by our house on her way home from work and picks Brittany up. The girls are thrilled to get to see each other for over an hour each week (they do not go to the same school and we live about 10 miles apart). Luckily the stable is just a few miles from Brittany's school so it works out perfectly and as you can see they are both happy.




Brittany looks like a pro in the saddle, look how nice and tall she sits. She has done some riding at horse camp so I think her and Paige are pretty close in their skills.


It was a bit dusty and warm , about 87 degrees...we are to get some rainstorms tomorrow maybe that will settle the dust for next week.




I asked Paige what they were chatting about and she said "I was telling her how we ride bareback when it's real cold out". That will come in a few months...about mid November when they are doing a lot of their lessons in the arena inside the big old barn.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I <3 horseback riding! -Paige :)