Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Megan's birthday night celebration...from opening gifts to kissing toads.....


Who knew she would get so excited over a ninety-nine cent box of Mike and Ikes ?


This is the cute b.day card that Paige made her. Paige picked her out a really cool gift too. She got her some blank books so Megan can copy the stories that she writes into them. Paige said that she would help with editing. I think this will be a great rainy day project to keep them busy.


Megan enthusiastically modeling her new apron that Mimi made for her.

This is the card I made for her. I was worried that she would count the pink flowers (on the felt ribbon) and realize that there were only 8 so I snipped one more and put it inside by the greeting. Inside it said "Butterfly kisses and birthday wishes".


Our little Megan is ready for the roller derby now. Her friends around the block have a long flat driveway and sometimes they put cones out and play music and have their own outdoor roller rink.


I actually bought these earrings for her before she got her ears pierced, so I didn't know she was going to pick out blue flowers. The ones I got her are a little different shade of blue and they are dangley-post.

This is kinda cool...I put a picture of Megan in it from her rock star party last year and her friends all signed the frame with highlighters. When you flip the switch little black lights shine on it and makes the words and drawings glow. You can wipe it off with a tissue and write on it again and again. It was a big hit!


Pictures from Megan's b.day dinner at Red Lobster (she wanted popcorn shrimp for dinner).
We had to wait until after Paige's tap class to go out so we had a late dinner.





Our waiter was nice enough to get a lobster out so Megan could pet it. He also gathered a group and sang her happy birthday too.


When we got home from dinner I took the dogs out and found this baby toad. I brought it home to show the girls and Megan pretended to kiss it.

1 comment:

LAC said...

Yay! Looks like a great day. And yummmy! Popcorn shrimp. I am going to ask hubby to take me somewhere for lobster on my bday! Doubtful cos he hates seafood, but we'll see.

Happy birthday, Megan! Our Little megan turns 6 months old this week! can't believe it!