Wednesday, July 14, 2010



Here's the story...for years we have had a family joke about the kids getting their ears pierced. I have always been a little surprised that they have not asked me to get their ears pierced because almost all of their friends have theirs done (some of them since they were babies). So whenever we are strolling down the mall and we get in front of "Claire's" I will say in a loud voice "Who wants to get their ears pierced today?" and they would always put their hands over their ears and yell "NOT ME!".

Well about a month ago we were talking about Megan's up coming 9th birthday and I said you should get your ears pierced then all your friends could get you earrings. Of course you will want to do it before your b.day party. So July 7th we were printing out her b.day invites and she said don't forget to put "I got my ears pierced for my b.day" on them. So that was it...in black and white...she had to get her ears pierced. So on Saturday, July 10th we went to the mall and marched into Claire's and our little girl got her ears pierced while Aunt Deb, Paige and I took pictures.

Here is the last picture of Megan with un-pierced ears, (that is her fairy ear...see how it's a little pointy on top...when we were at Disney she showed it to Tink and Tink confirmed that Megan must be half fairy)




She practically squeezed the stuffing out of that poor bear...but she didn't flinch or even get a tear in her eye. Just before she had them done she got a very serious look on her face, Aunt Deb exclaimed "I have never seen Megan look so serious".



Aunt Deb came along for support too. After the piercing was done we went to CA Pizza Kitchen to celebrate and to share our piercing stories from "back in the day".
Like for instance when I had mine done when I was 7 they used a big metal thing that looked like a staple gun...and they only did one ear at a time...AND when they did my first ear the darn thing got STUCK on my ear. So they were yanking it around and finally got it off and then I had to be brave so they could pierce my other ear...luckily without a repeat of the stuck piercing gun. I wonder if they gave my mom a discount for the trauma they caused me? Probably not, but hey what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger...and gives you a good story to tell.



2 comments:

JustMeShann said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! Your pierced ears look great :)
Love you Auntie Shann

LAC said...

Happy birthday, Megan and congratulations! Earring shopping is soooo much fun. Ask your mom to show you Etsy.com for lots of cool handmade earrings.