Thursday, April 08, 2010



Paige Is Back In The Saddle Again

Spring riding lessons started back up last night at 5:15. We dropped Megan off at her friend, Meghan's house on the way out of the development. Megan was happier hanging out with her friends than watching her sister ride horses.


Speaking of saddles...Paige can fetch her own saddle and heft it up onto Cece's back now. I think she has grown quite a bit since last fall.


I asked Paige on the way to lessons "which horse do you want to ride?" . She said she didn't know and she was wondering who else was going to ride with her. Miss. Ginette usually has two riders per class plus her helper (neighbor girl Harla). We were the first ones there so when Miss. Ginette asked Paige who she wanted to ride Paige didn't hesitate when she called out Cece's name.


Cece has a mud puddle issue...he doesn't like them. Paige knows this so each time they came to this mud puddle she would make him walk around the entire thing before continuing on.


After lessons as we were driving back out to the road Paige said " Riding lessons are like therapy, when I'm out their riding I don't think about anything but me and the horse". She said it's nice to give her brain a break from school and homework. This made me smile because I know exactly what she's talking about.

No comments: