Sunday, October 25, 2009


The Evolution of the witch costume

It started back in 2007 when Paige was 9. We were unpacking the Halloween stuff and she put on a long purple wig that I had bought from the clearance basket at Krogers after Halloween 2006. Then she put on my light up witch hat that I had also gotten on clearance the year before.

(Paige pairs her outfit with plaid vans)
The witch costume went to "Boo at the Zoo" and Megan who was 6 at the time wore Paige's old cat costume from a dance recital (from when Paige was in first grade). It worked out purrrfect...Paige was a witch and Megan was her black cat.



These two pictures were taken at Aunt Deb and Uncle Bud's pumpkin carving party. To me it looks like "good witch" and "bad-mad witch".



Paige even wore it to tap class for costume week that year. I remember that the hat kept falling off but everyone loved the purple hair.


Now it's Megan's turn. We bought her a new hat with long green hair attached. She could have picked the hot pink hair & hat but she wanted the green. I sprayed her hair pink with some wash off spray. Then I put some eye make up and some sparkles on her and she was ready to fly out the door. Last nitght she was going to a Halloween party that one of her classmates invited her too.

She will also get to wear it to our Halloween party that we are having on the 30th. I let each of the girls invite 5 friends each. Deb is coming over to give me a hand since Mike will be at the Haunted House in the cul de sac. At the party we will have pizza and snacks. The girls will get to decorate their own cupcakes and there will be crafts, dancing and a spooky nail polish station.


I think I bought the dress for this costume at Big Lots for about five bucks then I found the tights at Marshalls for a few bucks. Surprisingly they are holding up pretty well. I think we are getting our moneys worth.

No comments: