Monday, May 18, 2009

Last Tuesday (5-12-09) I spent 4 hours at COSI with Megan's 2nd grade class. I volunteer to go on at least one field trip a year with the kid's school. So over the last 7 years (including preschool) I have gone to the State House, a dairy, Velvet Ice Cream, an apple orchard to pick apples, pumpkin patches and to COSI quite a few times. I have always enjoyed the kids and after the field trip I usually have a new appreciation for how well my kids behave when they are out in the public. Well I now have an even greater apreciation, becasue for the first time ever I lost one of my kids. Well I didn't really loose her she wandered off with another group. We were in the "innovations" area that is set up to look like a little Midwest town circa 1962 (the year before my sister was born...back in the good ol days). Well we had just gotten done filling out our questions so I told the kids they could play and expore for a few minutes before we moved on. The one girl (I had Megan plus 3 others) asked if we were leaving and I told her "no not yet"....then while I was snapping pictures of them playing she vanished. I was doing a head count every couple of minutes and all of a sudden she was gone. So I gatherd the other 3 up and we checked inside the little shops, then we walked out into the hall and looked both ways, then we went back into the exhibit and I found another group from our school and told them if they see this girl to have her stay with them and that I was going to go to gues relations. Well on the way to guest relations I spotted a COSI employee and told him we had lost a kid from our group and I showed him a photo of her from my camera. Then I did the same at guest realtions. Then I called the teacher's cell phone and it turned out she had the girl with her becasue she had wandered out with another group from her class. So we met up with them and after that they all stuck together.


Here they are before "the lost and found episode"
from left to right, Megan, Sarah, Masey and Madeline.



After lunch we visited the frogs.


No comments: