Thursday, July 31, 2008


Okay everyone....I am back from my vacation...from blogging and from our trip to California. We actually returned home last Friday night. Since then it has been trying to get back to Ohio time, getting things unpacked, stocking the kitchen with fresh food, buying school supplies (school starts on Aug. 20) and spending time with the pups.

We still haven't even put our vacation pictures on our home computer. We have some on the laptop that my dad gave us and they are also on a quick drive, but I don't even know where Mike put it. I will ask him to put them on this computer tonight while I am at work (my first night back to work in 3 weeks...should be a fun-interesting night cashiering).

So here are some photos that I did not get a chance to post before flying off to California on July 11.
A few days before our trip I was out back mowing and this tiny little cottontail bunny just about gave me a heart attack as it jumped up in front of the mower. I have a huge fear of chopping up little critters...bunnies, toads, snakes. That would freak me out and probably keep me from ever mowing again.


After the bunny jumped up in front of me I turned the mower off so we could both regain our composure and catch our breath. I also went and grabbed the camera. The kids were very curious about the bunny but I told them to stay back, because I was sure his little heart was racing.

When I was done mowing I talked to Mike and told him of my near miss with the little bunny. The girls and I were out on errands when Mike got home from work. When we came in he told us that he had gone out and petted the bunny. I could not believe him so we all went out and he let the girls take turns holding the little bun bun. The bunny seemed fine with it, I think he enjoyed their soft touch and their cozy laps.




No comments: