Tuesday, December 25, 2007


Warning Enter AT Your Own Risk..
This is a GINGERBREAD HOUSE CONSTRUCTION ZONE!Oooops I guess Megan's house is not a prefab. We had to mix the frosting and do some construction. We could have used some help from Uncle Steve out in California...or on second thought maybe this is Aunt Shann's territory.
We got it built now it's time for the fun....FROSTING lots of white sticky frosting oh and we can't forget all the fun, colorful tasty candy!
In the meantime Team Dad and Paige were constructing Paige's gingerbread house that she won in the C.D.A. coloring contest. They had a gingerbread base with little cutouts to place their wall...it was kind of like a puzzle. Do you see Rebel licking his chops?
Their house is up now it's time for the treats to go on.
Here are the final works of art Megan's is on the left and Paige's is on the right. They built the snowmen out of marshmallows and painted on their features with food coloring pens. I think they turned out pretty good, we were done building and decorating in just over and hour. Clean up was another 30 minutes or so, we had frosting EVERYWHERE!


The proud owner-builders with their new homes.
Our Gingerbread Village of 2007

4 comments:

Susan Harwood said...

Hello

I hope you don't mind me dropping a note here but I'm thinking your children might be interested in my blog.

It is an illustrated children's adventure story. I posted it, a chapter a day, in the summer and have left it there so people can still read it.

(Reading on screen can be a bit tiresome so it's probably best printed out!)

It is called 'The Bricks in the Cave' and you can find it easily by clicking on my name at the top of this comment (by the picture of 'the book').

Also, if you would like to read another blogger's review, you can find one at

http://rosa-sinensis.blogspot.com/2007/11/bricks-in-caveby-susan-harwood-review.html

I hope you do take a look. And if you like it (or even if you don't) I would be really interested in any comments you might make.

Yours sincerely

Ssuan Harwood
(P.S. Happy Christmas!)

Susan Harwood said...

Oh, I haven't quite got the hang of this. The picture of the book didn't appear after all! Sorry. You can still click on my name though, or go to

http://bricksinthecave.blogspot.com/

Susan

Callie Ann said...

Wonderful little houses best I have ever seen. I love the marshamallow snow man. Cute!!!

JustMeShann said...

The houses look great Sis! I love the snowmen out in the yard and the roofs look great! They are beautiful!