Tuesday, February 23, 2010


A New Coat For The Old Dog
For the past year or so I have been on the look out for a new doggy jacket for Rowdy. His old red & green sweater is really old (about 15 years older than him and he's almost 14). His old sweater is also stretched out and it covers his rump which makes it difficult to do his doggy business.


Last week I found this sharp blue rain jacket for him at Big Lots. Shopping at Big Lots is kinda like going to a garage sale but without the haggling. You never know what you are going to find and if you find it ya better grab it, because it won't be there if you go back for it.
So I found this nice blue jacket for all of $7.00 and that's a steal because they usually cost twice that much. It has fleece lining and a nylon outer shell. The best thing is it has velcro straps, no over the head and no leg holes to deal with. I just lay it on his back and wrap the straps around him, it's rather simple and painless. He was good about lifting up his paws with his sweater but you had to be careful not to snag his toenails.

I think he looks quite dapper in his new blue coat, he seems to like it too.
Oh, and his coat has a pocket on the back, I suppose you could fit a small puppy treat in it but then he would be trying to sniff his back trying to get it out of the pocket and that just seems kind of cruel.



Did you notice even my dog sticks his tongue out at the camera, it's just not something the kids do.

I made Rowdy a doggy scrapbook a few weeks ago. I posted the pictures on my scrap blog..go check it out!

No comments: