Sunday, July 15, 2007

Megan's Birthday Weekend

I always get my girls flowers on their birthdays. Nothing fancy just fresh flowers that I arrange myself in a vase, usually from "Trader Joe's". I don't know if they even notice them but for me it feels more special to have flowers to celebrate the day of their births. Maybe it's a "mom thing" but I think I need the flowers more than they do. So here are Megan's flower's this year...they are very colorful just like her.



Megan is 6 years old as of Saturday July 14th! We partied all weekend...at least it feels that way to me! We started the party at 5:30 p.m. on Friday the 13th (sound's like a crazy date to have a sleepover in a tent with three 6 year olds and two 9 year olds). I am lucky that Megan has such nice friends, they are all sweet girls and they listen well and get along with each other perfectly.
While the adults were getting dinner (mini cheeseburgers on Hawaiian rolls, corn, French fries, and water melon) the kids kept busy at the patio table decorating knapsacks with fabric markers. While the adults cleaned up after dinner the kids played in the tent (cops and robbers and the tent was the jail of course). I had to step in a make a few rules. Rule number one the doors to the tent stay open so we don't bust the zippers. Rule number two the bottled water stays on the patio table because no one wants to sleep in a puddle.

After that Aunt Deb supervised the making of the polished stones wrapped in wire necklace. This looked much easier in the magazine article then it really was. Who knew that there is an art to wrapping rocks in wire so they stay put when dangling from a leather cord.

Mike helped me with the tie dyeing of the t-shirts. We had the kids tell us what colors they wanted in what order so that we would have enough dye for all and so that all the kids would not have green arms and legs! The t-shirts turned out great and I want to have all the girls over in a week or so for another camp fire so I can get pictures of them in all their tie dyed glory.

We had nothing but good times and laughter, keep scrolling down for all the fun and pictures.
I made the cake myself...can you tell? It is actually brownies, that is what Megan wanted..brownies and vanilla ice cream. So I made two boxes (two layers) of brownies (Duncan Hines milk chocolate chunk) and frosted them with Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Butter cream frosting...they are Good with a capital G! I found the little frosting decorations at the grocery store. Megan was impressed she loved the bugs and flowers, I was partial to the frog because he reminds me of my grandma. Oh and the pretty rainbow sugar sprinkles are from Aunt Shann, she sent them in my birthday gift. Thanks Aunt Shann they were perfect...very pretty.





Cameron and Hannah pose with the birthday girl. Cameron and Megan have known each other since diapers. We met her sister Jordan when we were signing Paige up for kindergarten when she was five and Megan was almost 2. They have been playing together ever since and they are like two little peas in a pod. Hannah is our neighbor girl she lives across the street and she was in Megan's kindergarten class.

Megan picked her own outfit out for her birthday party. Her t-shirt was a gift from cousin Ann for her last birthday and it reads "It's All About Me But You Should Know That". I think it looks perfect with her plaid skort and "Birthday Girl" tierra.


Posing in front of the tent.
back row Abigail, Brandi/Mom, Jordan, Paige
front row Megan/Birthday Girl, Cameron & Hannah
Abigail, Paige, Jordan, Cameron, Megan and Hannah such sweet girls....
......until you tell them they can make crazy faces...and boy do they make some crazy faces!
#1 Megan considering her birthday wish.
#2 Megan wishing very hard.
#3 Megan blows out the candles and hopfully the wish comes true!
Aunt Deb enjoying some brownie/cake. Without Aunt Deb this party or any of my kids parties would never go as smooth as they do. She is the secret to my success!
It's time for gifts...."Junie B. Jone First Grader"...great book, thanks Abigail!
An adorable little handbag filled with candy...thanks Jordan and Cameron!
Abigail, Aunt Deb and Hannah.
Strawberry Shortcake dance dance revolution (it's a video game with a floor mat that you dance on to compete with Strawberry Shortcake. What a hoot, thanks Cameron and Jordan.
Paige got Megan a Disney Fairies 100 piece puzzle and a "Phlat Ball the original transforming ball" it goes from a flying disc to a ball...lots of fun.

Some gifts from Dad and Mom......
..............a "My Little Pony "surprizes Velour color and carry"
......."The Sneetches and Other Stories" by Dr.Seuss
.......and a "Webkinz" Pug that she named Mudge.
This is what a happy six year old looks like!

No comments: